June 10, 2010
Reed Construction Data, Hanley Wood announce alliance
Agreement to deliver integrated construction product directories through flexible Web model
Reed Construction Data (RCD) and Hanley Wood, LLC today announced they have signed a letter of intent to enter into a strategic alliance that will open up proprietary information channels in a pioneering effort to deliver richer, more valuable content to the construction industry.
The alliance will leverage the existing products, audiences, customer relationships, capabilities and expertise of each organization to deliver the most comprehensive, data and content rich directories in the commercial construction marketplace and other construction related audiences.
“With this agreement we’re embracing an integrated strategy that will leverage core information assets of our respective entities to benefit a broad array of construction industry professionals,” said Reed Construction Data CEO Iain Melville. “Hanley Wood is a true leader in the construction media and information business and we’re excited to work with an organization that has proven its commitment to finding new ways to deliver innovative solutions.”
“We’re pleased to be moving forward with this collaborative strategy to enhance our collective commercial market product offerings and capture additional market share,” said Hanley Wood CEO Frank Anton. “Reed Construction Data is a well respected provider of product and project information, cost data and market analytics in the construction space. Coupled with the rich content and audience mindshare of Hanley Wood, together we will create solutions that deliver broader and more in-depth access to industry information.”
The endeavor will initially focus on integrating content from RCD’s construction product directory, SmartBuilding Index, with information available through several of Hanley Wood’s Web and tradeshow channels.
In addition to providing enriched content, this joint effort will create new and unique marketing opportunities for building product manufacturers and construction companies.
About Reed Construction Data
Reed Construction Data, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Reed Elsevier, is a leading North American provider of construction information through a diverse portfolio of innovative products and services. Reed offers its customers building information modeling (BIM) solutions, construction project leads, building product information, construction cost tools, market analytics and construction news through a suite of online and print references. For more information, visit www.reedconstructiondata.com or call 877-REED411.
About Hanley Wood, LLC
Hanley Wood is a leading business-to-business media company focused on the residential and commercial construction and design industries. Its diverse portfolio includes magazines, Web sites, e-newsletters, exhibitions and conferences, custom marketing and data services.
Hanley Wood is comprised of four operating platforms: Business Media, which publishes more than 30 magazines, featuring Builder and Architect magazine, along with related Web sites, e-newsletters, and conferences; Exhibitions, which produces marquee events such as World of Concrete, bringing residential and commercial construction professionals face-to-face with manufacturers, suppliers, distributors, and service providers; Market Intelligence, which collects and aggregates proprietary data sets that capture hundreds of pieces of profile and material information about housing developments in more than 75 housing markets; and Marketing, which plans, creates, and executes strategic and integrated marketing solutions for its clients. Visit www.hanleywood.com or call 877-REED411.
Reed Construction Data
(770) 209-3750 | firstname.lastname@example.org
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 544 projects with a total value of $1,665,691,502 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$100,000,000 Province of Alberta AB Prebid
$92,000,000 Vancouver BC Tenders
$60,000,000 Medicine Hat AB Tenders
- ERCB investigates Zama City, Alta pipeline spill
- Crystal Clear
- Regina looking to annex adjacent land
- Pipeline oil spill highlighted during twinning debate
- Consulting engineers gathering in Lake Louise, Alberta
- Biased specs grounds for RFP redraft
- Incoming chair looks to the future
- Foreign worker court case led to reforms
- Shell Canada gets approvals for pipelines and gas well
- B.C. building permits rise, but Alberta declines
- Electronic migration
- Unauthorized water system shut down in Alberta
- Ontario’s best steel designs recognized
- ACEC conference to focus on economic solutions
- Improper bypass of low bidder found
- CISC awards honours individual achievements
- Quebec construction workers on strike after failed negotiations
- Newfoundland and Labrador set to lead the way in economic growth
- Construction industry to increase hiring in 2013, according to outlook
- OCOT review panel proposing a ratio reduction for plumbers and steamfitters
- Man fined in construction site death of 12 year old Nova Scotia boy
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)