July 18, 2012
Journal of Commerce Update for the week of July 23rd, 2012
In this week's update, we look at some of the stories we'll be covering in the Journal of Commerce for the week of July 23, 2012.
Staff writer Richard Gilbert has a story on a Whistler asphalt producer who can't bid on municipal projects due to clauses in tendering documents he claims are unfair.
A draft environmental statement by Taseko Mines for a $1.1 billion mine near Williams Lake, B.C. has been called incomplete by the Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency.
Editorial board member and ICBA president Philip Hochstein has a column about municipal compensation, and be sure to check out our latest feature video about foreign worker recruitment.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 457 projects with a total value of $2,805,994,117 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Monday.
$1,000,000,000 Fort McKay 174 AB Prebid
$100,000,000 Greater Vancouver RD BC Prebid
$100,000,000 Wood Buffalo AB Prebid
- Journal of Commerce Update for the week of June 17th, 2013
- ERCB investigates Zama City, Alta pipeline spill
- Industrial headquarters opens in Nisku, Alta.
- Public protection site safety plan required with permit application
- Sprinkler fitters reach agreement after strike
- Understanding authority levels
- Federal project apprentices discussed
- Pushing for accountability in safety
- Acquisition targets LNG
- Builders stack cans to topple hunger
- MTO unveils new methods for road work
- Price combined with criteria, wins bids
- Water protection needed for building envelope
- Students strut their best at Skills Canada
- OTA keeps on trucking for road funding
- Dessau CEO Jean Pierre Sauriol quits in wake of corruption scandal
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)