August 1, 2012
SICA names Everitt as its new COO
The Southern Interior Construction Association (SICA) has announced that after an extensive search it has hired William E. Everitt as its chief operating officer.
Everitt has more than 25 years’ experience in business management, including five years within the construction industry.
Everitt started his career as an operations accountant with Domtar Inc., Wood Preserving Division out of the Head Office located in Montreal, Quebec.
However, he soon moved to Alberta to manage operating plants for the firm.
Everitt also operated businesses specializing in wood products for the agricultural industry and in 2005 purchased a construction firm in the Okanagan before selling it in 2009.
JOC NEWS SERVICE
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 544 projects with a total value of $1,665,691,502 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$100,000,000 Province of Alberta AB Prebid
$92,000,000 Vancouver BC Tenders
$60,000,000 Medicine Hat AB Tenders
- ERCB investigates Zama City, Alta pipeline spill
- Crystal Clear
- Regina looking to annex adjacent land
- Pipeline oil spill highlighted during twinning debate
- Consulting engineers gathering in Lake Louise, Alberta
- Biased specs grounds for RFP redraft
- Incoming chair looks to the future
- Foreign worker court case led to reforms
- Shell Canada gets approvals for pipelines and gas well
- B.C. building permits rise, but Alberta declines
- Electronic migration
- Unauthorized water system shut down in Alberta
- Ontario’s best steel designs recognized
- ACEC conference to focus on economic solutions
- Improper bypass of low bidder found
- CISC awards honours individual achievements
- Quebec construction workers on strike after failed negotiations
- Newfoundland and Labrador set to lead the way in economic growth
- Construction industry to increase hiring in 2013, according to outlook
- OCOT review panel proposing a ratio reduction for plumbers and steamfitters
- Man fined in construction site death of 12 year old Nova Scotia boy
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)