LATEST NEWS Trade Contracting
August 8, 2012
Churchill president and acting CEO appointed
David LeMay is the new president and acting Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Calgary-based Churchill Corporation.
LeMay was formerly president of Churchill’s subsidiary Churchill Services Group, and is replacing James Houck.
“He has deep knowledge of our industry and has produced impressive results since he joined our subsidiary Laird Electric in 2006,” said Churchill chair Al Bellstedt. “The board is extremely confident that Mr. LeMay has the background, judgment and leadership skills to deliver superior performance in his new role.”
Churchill Corporation provides building construction, commercial and industrial electrical contracting, earthmoving and industrial insulation services to public and private sector clients, and operates offices in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and northern Ontario.
The company includes Stuart Olson Dominion Construction Ltd. and Canem Systems.
JOC NEWS SERVICE
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 482 projects with a total value of $6,247,933,371 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$142,000,000 Cambridge Bay NT Prebid
$100,000,000 Vancouver BC Prebid
$93,993,120 Vancouver BC Negotiated
- Crystal Clear
- Regina looking to annex adjacent land
- Pipeline oil spill highlighted during twinning debate
- Consulting engineers gathering in Lake Louise, Alberta
- Biased specs grounds for RFP redraft
- Incoming chair looks to the future
- Foreign worker court case led to reforms
- Shell Canada gets approvals for pipelines and gas well
- B.C. building permits rise, but Alberta declines
- Electronic migration
- Unauthorized water system shut down in Alberta
- Infrastructure funding will boost economy: RCCAO
- Plant, Prep and Serve
- McManus to increase interaction in new OSWCA role
- Trade infrastructure funding study could grow economy
- U.S. housing starts remain on the upswing after strong May
- First set of arches installed on precast network arch bridge
- Toronto and Hamilton area roads make up half of CAA's worst roads list
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)