LATEST NEWS Skills Training
August 20, 2012
Gold Seal certification is enhanced
As part of ongoing efforts to promote and enhance certification, the Gold Seal program has launched a new website and introduced new features.
“Having Gold Seal certified individuals involved with any construction project - whether horizontal or vertical - has long been associated with excellence in the management of construction,” said Barry Brown, chair of the national Gold Seal Committee.
“We felt our website should reflect this gold standard. We are very proud of the new site and hopeful that more people will explore what opportunities are available to them through the Gold Seal certification program.”
The new Gold Seal Certification website features a more intuitive menu structure, enhanced content and a more efficient application process.
It was designed to create greater awareness of the certification program for all industry professionals, as well as owners of construction projects, employers of Gold Seal certified individuals and those organizations interested in sponsoring the program.
“We worked closely with the Gold Seal Committee to review our content and to ensure we can promote this great certification program to all individuals, even those who may have not yet heard of Gold Seal certification,” said program manager Stephanie Wallace.
The site features more concise information about the types of certification levels available, including the Gold Seal Intern program amongst others, more information about how to get started on the path to certification and how Gold Seal is being actively utilized across the country, including a new projects section that features the various Gold Seal Projects in Canada.
The new website was also launched in anticipation of a new, simplified application process for Gold Seal certification.
A new online system, called My Gold Seal, will guide applicants through the entire online application process, allow individuals to check their application status, check on any fulfillments required to complete their application, and update their addresses and contact information.
Wallace said My Gold Seal is expected to be launched shortly, after a few technical details have been finalized.
In addition to these new developments, the Gold Seal program has also introduced new recognition programs to help individuals, employers and organizations promote their own involvement with Gold Seal certification.
These new recognition levels are Gold Seal Champions, Gold Seal Employers and Gold Seal Sponsors.
The Gold Seal Champion program is open to all individuals and helps grow the program, while signifying individual support for the program.
The Gold Seal Employer program is available to those who have utilized certification as a human resources strategy while also employing Gold Seal certified individuals.
Gold Seal Sponsors are those organizations who would like to actively support the program, while showcasing their involvement with the certification.
“Gold Seal certification has a number of supporters across the industry, who actively promote the program, whether through word of mouth, human resources strategies or training purposes,” Wallace said.
“The feeling was that new recognition programs would ensure these individuals, companies and owners are receiving the appropriate recognition for their support.”
The Gold Seal Committee has not set any specific targets in terms of how many individuals it would like to see apply for certification within the next 12 months.
“The sense is that these new initiatives will help grow the program through greater promotion and awareness of the advantages Gold Seal certification provides,” he said.
To date, more than 8,000 individuals have achieved Gold Seal certification.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 470 projects with a total value of $6,376,918,947 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$100,000,000 Provost AB Prebid
$44,300,000 Red Deer AB Prebid
$34,000,000 Langley, Dist Mun BC Negotiated
- Construction Site Arson
- Historic church renovation reaches new heights
- Hiring of foreign workers for hospital project outrages union
- Acetylene torch explosion causes significant damage
- Festival of Architecture hits Halifax
- Winnipeg Southwest Transitway wins award
- Vendor performance is key measurement
- NDP leader spoke to police about corruption
- Big contract down under for ATCO Structures
- RFQ issued for Kamloops hospital project
- VIDEO: Economic Update May 21, 2013
- Future tradespeople put to the test
- Ontario raiding season closes with a thud
- Bird flags challenges in Canadian construction
- Ontario commits to Hwy. 427 expansion
- GO Transit to build new maintenance facility in East Gwillimbury
- Ancient First Nations site damaged during work by BC Hydro
- Federal NDP leader speaks to police 'to help' with Quebec corruption probe
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)