LATEST NEWS Green Building
August 29, 2012
Demo marks start of work on new complex
Demolition work has begun on McNamara Hall on Spence Street on the University of Winnipeg campus, in preparation for the construction of a new $31.5 million complex.
The complex will have a regulation-size indoor soccer field, a 10,000 square foot wellness centre, a parkade with 268 parking spots, and classrooms for athletics and kinesiology students.
The University of Winnipeg is aiming for LEED Silver certification, and will reuse and recycle all salvageable materials during the demolition process.
An official sod-turning is planned for early September.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 443 projects with a total value of $1,866,277,015 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$120,000,000 Langley, Dist Mun BC CANCELLED/ DEFERRED
$60,000,000 Vancouver BC Prebid
$50,000,000 Langley, Dist Mun BC Prebid
- Construction Site Arson
- Historic church renovation reaches new heights
- Hiring of foreign workers for hospital project outrages union
- Festival of Architecture hits Halifax
- Acetylene torch explosion causes significant damage
- Winnipeg Southwest Transitway wins award
- Vendor performance is key measurement
- NDP leader spoke to police about corruption
- Big contract down under for ATCO Structures
- RFQ issued for Kamloops hospital project
- VIDEO: Economic Update May 21, 2013
- VIDEO: Competing in the trades
- Future tradespeople put to the test
- Ontario raiding season closes with a thud
- Bird flags challenges in Canadian construction
- Ontario commits to Hwy. 427 expansion
- GO Transit to build new maintenance facility in East Gwillimbury
- Ancient First Nations site damaged during work by BC Hydro
- Federal NDP leader speaks to police 'to help' with Quebec corruption probe
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)