September 19, 2012
Preparing for a Pour
Construction workers are busy building Sovereign, a new residential development in Victoria, B.C.
The project will reach 10 storeys above grade and two below. Farmer Construction Ltd. is the general contractor and Musson Cattell Mackey Partnership is the architect.
The project will include 36 condo units and retail space at grade.
The consulting engineers are Read Jones Christoffersen (structural), Applied Engineering Solutions Ltd. (electrical), Hirschfield Williams Timmins Ltd. (mechanical), Associated Engineering (civil), CN Ryzuk & Associates (geotechnical), RDH Building Engineering Ltd. (building envelope) and Brad Cunnin Land Surveying.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 515 projects with a total value of $3,642,725,048 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$500,000,000 Delta BC Prebid
$500,000,000 Tumbler Ridge BC Negotiated
$122,700,000 High Prairie AB Negotiated
- Construction Site Arson
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of May 27th, 2013
- Commercial Construction
- Ruling vindicates company that hired Chinese workers
- Acetylene torch explosion causes significant damage
- Investigation continues in deliberate Vancouver duplex fire
- Ancient First Nations site damaged during BC Hydro work
- On Target
- Global engineering guidelines taking shape
- Fit to Work program being developed
- Dire prediction
- Canada and Ireland sign recognition agreement
- Ex-Canadian military bases can be transformed
- Shop and Sleep
- Martin remembered for infectious laugh and mentorship
- Staffing levels and safety drive Ontario elevator worker strike
- Proposed wood-frame use meets opposition
- Provincial MPP supporters of prompt payment legislation excited at prospects
- Concrete airplane in South Dakota takes flight
- Opposition tackle Harper government on lack of youth employment
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)