LATEST NEWS Green Building
October 1, 2012
Three firms shortlisted for Vancouver high school
Three firms have been shortlisted to participate in the Request For Proposals (RFP) to design and build the Kitsilano Secondary School Renewal project.
Bouygues Building Canada, EllisDon Corporation and PCL Constructors Westcoast Inc. are the three firms shortlisted out of 10 design-build teams that responded to the initial Request For Qualifications.
Features of the three-storey facility will include a new academic wing, an all-weather playing field, three gymnasiums, a 350-seat theatre, green space for student learning, a neighbourhood learning centre, and space designed for individualized support and collaborative group work.
The winning team will be selected by spring 2013 and design build activity will start at that time.
Construction will be complete in time for the start of the 2017 school year.
JOC NEWS SERVICE
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 541 projects with a total value of $2,992,674,310 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Thursday.
$610,000,000 Vancouver BC Prebid
$470,000,000 Iskut 6 BC Prebid
$60,000,000 Vancouver BC Prebid
- Construction Site Arson
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of May 27th, 2013
- Historic church renovation reaches new heights
- Hiring of foreign workers for hospital project outrages union
- Acetylene torch explosion causes significant damage
- Festival of Architecture hits Halifax
- Winnipeg Southwest Transitway wins award
- Vendor performance is key measurement
- NDP leader spoke to police about corruption
- Big contract down under for ATCO Structures
- RFQ issued for Kamloops hospital project
- VIDEO: Economic Update May 21, 2013
- Prompt payment bill headed to committee
- Final Phase
- A return to core values a must for banks: Carney
- OHMPA on the road with informative seminars
- Local 675 strike ends after new agreement ratified
- NDP says it will support Liberal budget, averting spring election
- Measure of U.S. economy’s future health rises 0.6 per cent in April after March dip
- Terratec awarded Brighton, Ont. Lagoon Clean-Out Project contract
- Fundraising campaign to reach target for new Shriners Hospital for Children
- George Brown College building named after Tridel CEO
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)