October 29, 2012
VIDEO: Sabine Just of the Independent Contractors and Businesses Association on training
Sabine Just is the Business Development Manager at the Independent Contractors and Businesses Association of British Columbia and runs the training provided by the association.
Just spoke with the Journal of Commerce recently about the ICBA’s role as a training organization, the demographics of the students who attend training at their facilities, and the numerous technological and legislative changes that make continual training a requirement of participation in the construction industry.
Just also examined the traditional lack of emphasis on training in the construction industry and how attitudes are changing as training becomes a more important part of one’s career.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 541 projects with a total value of $2,992,674,310 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Thursday.
$610,000,000 Vancouver BC Prebid
$470,000,000 Iskut 6 BC Prebid
$60,000,000 Vancouver BC Prebid
- Construction Site Arson
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of May 27th, 2013
- Commercial Construction
- Ruling vindicates company that hired Chinese workers
- Acetylene torch explosion causes significant damage
- Investigation continues in deliberate Vancouver duplex fire
- Ancient First Nations site damaged during BC Hydro work
- On Target
- Global engineering guidelines taking shape
- Fit to Work program being developed
- Dire prediction
- Canada and Ireland sign recognition agreement
- Ex-Canadian military bases can be transformed
- Shop and Sleep
- Martin remembered for infectious laugh and mentorship
- Staffing levels and safety drive Ontario elevator worker strike
- Proposed wood-frame use meets opposition
- Provincial MPP supporters of prompt payment legislation excited at prospects
- Concrete airplane in South Dakota takes flight
- Opposition tackle Harper government on lack of youth employment
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)