LATEST NEWS Engineering
November 7, 2012
Crews with Litchfield Demolition are busy knocking down an old part of Station Square at Metrotown In Burnaby, B.C.
The first phase of the redevelopment will include five structures with the tallest tower reaching 57 storeys above grade.
The Beedie Group is the general contractor and Chris Dikeakos Architects Inc. and Civitas Architecture Inc. are doing the design.
A total of 1,800 residential units will be built, as will 300,000 square feet of commercial space and 150,000 square feet of office space. Consultants include RF Binnie & Associates Ltd., MCW Consultants Ltd., GHL Consultants Ltd., BC Building Science & Engineering Ltd. and GeoPacific Consultants Ltd.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 309 projects with a total value of $9,233,720,297 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$1,600,000,000 Wood Buffalo AB Prebid
$190,000,000 Edmonton AB Prebid
$125,000,000 Central Okanagan RD BC CANCELLED/ DEFERRED
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 9th, 2013
- Vandals cause nearly $250,000 in water damage
- Construction cut back in latest B.C. budget update
- Alberta and Manitoba led the pack for labour productivity
- Feds infrastructure commitment re-affirmed
- Infrastructure impacted by climate change
- West End Residential rises
- Changing procurement impacts felt
- Aurora LNG files export bid
- New Brunswick premier touts pipeline jobs
- Potential hiring quotas overshadow infrastructure act
- GO Green
- P3 mega bridges require mega planning
- Karakatsanis one of Canada’s powerful women
- Gerard McDonald new Professional Engineers Ontario registrar
- Oshawa urban design awards nominations open
- U.S. construction spending hits highest level in four years
- Amount of leased industrial/retail and office properties increases
- Residential sales in the GTA on the rise
- Tunnelling of the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension completed