November 7, 2012
Flagger seriously injured in Delta, B.C.
A flagger was hit by a truck and seriously injured on November 7th on a construction job site in Delta, BC.
"What we know so far is that a traffic control person was hit by a vehicle on a jobsite on River Road and Nordel Way in Delta," said WorksafeBC spokesperson, Ally Skinner-Reynolds.
"It looks like she was hit by a vehicle on the jobsite, which was not part of the regular course of traffic."
The incident happened at about 10 a.m. on Nov. 7, 2012.
The flagger is an employee of Valley Traffic Services.
"She suffered a head injury and is in serious condition at Royal Columbian hospital," said Skinner-Reynolds.
Delta Police and WorkSafeBC are investigating the incident.
In June, a 31 year old female flagger suffered serious injuries and was sent to hospital, after she was struck by a slow moving dump truck that was backing into position near an excavator in North Vancouver.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 321 projects with a total value of $20,605,386,875 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$174,000,000 Lethbridge AB Prebid
$100,000,000 Victoria BC Prebid
$79,000,000 Richmond BC Negotiated
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 9th, 2013
- Building the One
- New design-build contracts released
- Sales tax transition has been a mixed bag for industry
- Taseko files for judicial review of gold mine assessment
- Contract uncertainty and price escalation
- Edmonton college expansion moves ahead
- Council of Construction Associations names Dave Baspaly as new president
- $100 million added to Calgary's capital budget
- Massive investment will complete Kitimat smelter project
- Manitoba invests $45 million
- Corruption charge in probe of SNC-Lavalin
- NTCCC takes to Parliament Hill tomorrow
- Emerald Park Progress
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- Is there energy gold to be mined in sewage processing?
- Ottawa LRT tunnel boring machines named
- Better transportation key to quality of life, states CivicAction
- Three World Cup stadiums behind schedule
- Ontario introduces legislation to help protect vulnerable workers
- Istanbul’s Grand Bazaar inspires design of new strip mall currently being built in Las Vegas