November 14, 2012
Tall order in Kitsilano
A construction worker dons full safety gear as he works on the 12th floor of Six and Fir, a new residential highrise in the Kitsilano neighbourhood of Vancouver, B.C.
The project will eventually reach 15 storeys above grade and will include 50 condo units, as well as some commercial retail space. Westbank Projects Corp. is the owner and the general contractor.
Henriquez Partners Architects, Urban Designers is the architect.
Consultants on the project are Kane Consulting Ltd. (LEED) and LMDG Building Code Consultants Ltd. LEED certification is being pursued.
- Journal of Commerce to launch new website
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of 21st, 2014
- Apprentices square off at B.C. boilermaker competition
- Report urges WorkSafeBC to overhaul the way it investigates
- Vancouver Island landmark undergoing major renovations
- Creation of a free trade zone within Canada being explored
- RFP process brings heavy demands
- False Creek's New Beginning
- European apprenticeships examined
- Kenney sees harmonized training progress
- Nunavut deep sea port seen as important to Arctic
- $700 million raised for GTA cricket stadium
- Hamilton’s Gore Park makeover underway
- Chazy Glass Work
- What is key in contractor and supplier relations?
- New Brunswick to invest in Loyalist House
- Greco Aluminum Railings secures railing system work in New Jersey
- Nova Scotia issues tender to replace earthen dyke
- Bouygues Energies & Services acquires Plan Group