November 28, 2012
Syncrude awards two oilsands contracts
Syncrude has awarded two contracts to KBR for module fabrication and field construction of a plant for processing tailings from its oilsands mines northeast of Fort McMurray, Alta.
The general contractor, KBR Industrial Canada, a subsidiary of KBR Canada, will provide module fabrication and construction services for the project, which uses Syncrude’s newest tailings reduction technology.
Module fabrication is scheduled to begin late this year and run through the end of 2013.
Construction will follow with mechanical completion scheduled to allow plant start-up in 2015.
The process is designed to pump fluid fine tailings through a series of centrifuges to separate the maximum amount of water from the solids.
Released water will be recycled for plant operations and the soil product of the centrifuge process will have sufficient density and strength to be placed in deposits, then capped and reclaimed. Tailing ponds hold the mixture of water, solids, and other fluids left over from the initial processing of mined oilsands.
JOC NEWS SERVICE
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 500 projects with a total value of $2,096,783,397 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$125,000,000 Edmonton AB Tenders
$50,000,000 New Westminster BC Negotiated
$50,000,000 Calgary AB Negotiated
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Truss Lift
- B.C. government reverses sweet gas deregulation
- CCA looking to engage Aboriginal communities with new taskforce
- Pembina Pipelines building regional headquarters in Alberta
- Biomaterials growing on construction
- Manitoba town is a design showcase
- Saskatchewan wind project moves forward
- Suncor worker death investigated
- Olympic builders return to the job
- VIDEO: Debate still strong as OCOT turns one
- P3s gaining acceptance according to survey
- Office Job
- Wilson Station Stop
- MCAC and CIPH take Parliament Hill
- Construction progresses on Eglinton Crosstown LRT
- RFP issued for Highway 407 East
- Ontario announces May 1 budget date
- Arup to design wellhead platform concrete gravity structure for White Rose Extension Project