December 5, 2012
Surrey ER reopens
B.C.'s busiest hospital emergency room(ER) has re-opened exactly two weeks after it was flooded by a broken watermain.
A construction crew sliced through the main at Surrey Memorial Hospital on Nov. 19, unleashing a flood of muddy water into the ER, forcing its evacuation.
An urgent care facility was set up at a nearby outpatient clinic, while ambulances carrying emergency patients were detoured to other area hospitals.
Fraser Health Authority spokesman Roy Thorpe-Dorward said clean up and infection control inspections have been completed and the ER is ready for business again, except for its MRI machine, which was damaged by the water.
He said fixing the MRI alone could cost a couple of million dollars.
The overall flood damage at Surrey Memorial could be $3 million dollars or more.
News from © Canadian Press Enterprises Inc., 2012
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 481 projects with a total value of $2,274,238,471 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$100,000,000 Division No 16 AB Prebid
$100,000,000 Victoria BC Prebid
$53,000,000 Surrey BC Prebid
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Fort McMurray airport terminal getting ready for take off
- B.C. government forms liquefied natural gas working group
- Kitimat residents vote against Northern Gateway pipeline
- Precast concrete enables net-zero homes
- Learning to dig safely can save lives
- Ex construction boss admits to collusion in government contracts
- P3 Fund launches
- Supreme court won't hear case involving construction mogul
- Minister spurns spat over plant
- Upset waters over new Ontario diving regulations
- Covering up the Celsius
- Frontier Oilsands Mine joint review panel raises concerns among some First Nations
- The rise of biomaterials in construction
- Doors open on latest PPP Canada funding
- U.S. builders’ confidence rises but is limited by tight credit and shortages of labour and lots
- Keystone XL opponents carve message
- RFP released to shortlisted teams for Milton hospital expansion