December 10, 2012
DIAMOND SCHMITT ARCHITECTS
The Kinnear Centre for Creativity & Innovation in Banff, Alberta has recently received LEED Gold certification for new construction.
The building is the new hub of an arts and conference centre in the Rocky Mountain community. It includes an efficient exterior building envelope, sun shading to reduce energy use and a storm water management system.
Diamond Schmitt Architects and Gibbs Gage Architects did the design. The project manager was Target Project Management, the construction manager was Bird Construction Company and the site work contractor was PCL Construction Management Inc.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 500 projects with a total value of $2,096,783,397 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$125,000,000 Edmonton AB Tenders
$50,000,000 New Westminster BC Negotiated
$50,000,000 Calgary AB Negotiated
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Truss Lift
- B.C. government reverses sweet gas deregulation
- CCA looking to engage Aboriginal communities with new taskforce
- Pembina Pipelines building regional headquarters in Alberta
- Biomaterials growing on construction
- Manitoba town is a design showcase
- Saskatchewan wind project moves forward
- Suncor worker death investigated
- Olympic builders return to the job
- VIDEO: Debate still strong as OCOT turns one
- P3s gaining acceptance according to survey
- Office Job
- Wilson Station Stop
- MCAC and CIPH take Parliament Hill
- Construction progresses on Eglinton Crosstown LRT
- RFP issued for Highway 407 East
- Ontario announces May 1 budget date
- Arup to design wellhead platform concrete gravity structure for White Rose Extension Project