December 10, 2012
DIAMOND SCHMITT ARCHITECTS
The Kinnear Centre for Creativity & Innovation in Banff, Alberta has recently received LEED Gold certification for new construction.
The building is the new hub of an arts and conference centre in the Rocky Mountain community. It includes an efficient exterior building envelope, sun shading to reduce energy use and a storm water management system.
Diamond Schmitt Architects and Gibbs Gage Architects did the design. The project manager was Target Project Management, the construction manager was Bird Construction Company and the site work contractor was PCL Construction Management Inc.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 415 projects with a total value of $3,354,507,550 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$1,000,000,000 Greater Vancouver RD BC CANCELLED/ DEFERRED
$300,000,000 Greater Vancouver RD BC Prebid
$120,000,000 Burnaby BC CANCELLED/ DEFERRED
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Fort McMurray airport terminal getting ready for take off
- B.C. government forms liquefied natural gas working group
- Kitimat residents vote against Northern Gateway pipeline
- Precast concrete enables net-zero homes
- Learning to dig safely can save lives
- Ex construction boss admits to collusion in government contracts
- P3 Fund launches
- Supreme court won't hear case involving construction mogul
- Minister spurns spat over plant
- Upset waters over new Ontario diving regulations
- Covering up the Celsius
- Frontier Oilsands Mine joint review panel raises concerns among some First Nations
- The rise of biomaterials in construction
- Doors open on latest PPP Canada funding
- U.S. builders’ confidence rises but is limited by tight credit and shortages of labour and lots
- Keystone XL opponents carve message
- RFP released to shortlisted teams for Milton hospital expansion