January 16, 2013
Site Work Underway
SOUTHWEST CONTRACTING LTD.
Southwest Contracting Ltd. is busy with site work for a new City of Burnaby works yard, which is located in the mud flats near Still Creek.
Construction workers started by deep mixing the existing soils on site to a depth of 45 feet with a machine that injects cement and slag into the ground to stiffen weak soils.
The deep soil mixing will support a new operations building, which is one of two structures planned. Walter Francl Architect Inc. is the architect.
Consultants include Fast + Epp (structural), WEB Engineering Ltd. (civil), AME Group Engineering (mechanical), Applied Engineering Solutions (electrical), MMM Group Limited and Golder Associates (geotechnical).
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 316 projects with a total value of $2,787,806,637 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$1,000,000,000 Edmonton AB Prebid
$220,000,000 Medicine Hat AB Negotiated
$50,000,000 Calgary AB Prebid
- Construction Site Arson
- Historic church renovation reaches new heights
- Hiring of foreign workers for hospital project outrages union
- Festival of Architecture hits Halifax
- Winnipeg Southwest Transitway wins award
- Vendor performance is key measurement
- NDP leader spoke to police about corruption
- Big contract down under for ATCO Structures
- RFQ issued for Kamloops hospital project
- VIDEO: Economic Update May 21, 2013
- VIDEO: Competing in the trades
- New ETFO headquarters a benchmark design
- Viana steps up to rebuild burnt down playground
- Random drug testing about site safety, says expert
- Trying to define the “lowest price”
- High job vacancy rates for small business
- Minto to assist in zero energy housing project
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)