January 16, 2013
Site Work Underway
SOUTHWEST CONTRACTING LTD.
Southwest Contracting Ltd. is busy with site work for a new City of Burnaby works yard, which is located in the mud flats near Still Creek.
Construction workers started by deep mixing the existing soils on site to a depth of 45 feet with a machine that injects cement and slag into the ground to stiffen weak soils.
The deep soil mixing will support a new operations building, which is one of two structures planned. Walter Francl Architect Inc. is the architect.
Consultants include Fast + Epp (structural), WEB Engineering Ltd. (civil), AME Group Engineering (mechanical), Applied Engineering Solutions (electrical), MMM Group Limited and Golder Associates (geotechnical).
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 415 projects with a total value of $3,354,507,550 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$1,000,000,000 Greater Vancouver RD BC CANCELLED/ DEFERRED
$300,000,000 Greater Vancouver RD BC Prebid
$120,000,000 Burnaby BC CANCELLED/ DEFERRED
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Fort McMurray airport terminal getting ready for take off
- B.C. government forms liquefied natural gas working group
- Kitimat residents vote against Northern Gateway pipeline
- Precast concrete enables net-zero homes
- Learning to dig safely can save lives
- Ex construction boss admits to collusion in government contracts
- P3 Fund launches
- Supreme court won't hear case involving construction mogul
- Minister spurns spat over plant
- Upset waters over new Ontario diving regulations
- Covering up the Celsius
- Frontier Oilsands Mine joint review panel raises concerns among some First Nations
- The rise of biomaterials in construction
- Doors open on latest PPP Canada funding
- U.S. builders’ confidence rises but is limited by tight credit and shortages of labour and lots
- Keystone XL opponents carve message
- RFP released to shortlisted teams for Milton hospital expansion