January 21, 2013
Ground Breaking Construction
A worker in an excavator is breaking some frozen ground at the construction site for a new commercial development in Fort McMurray Alberta.
Clark Builders is the general contractor for Stonecreek Village, which will include a Save-On-Foods and other retailers in three structures and 135,000 square feet of retail space.
Turner Fleischer Arch Inc. did the design. Consultants on the project include Vital Engineering Corporation (mechanical), Hammerschlag & Joffe Inc. (electrical), Leonard Kalishenko & Associates (structural).
Construction is expected to be completed by March 2014.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 340 projects with a total value of $17,600,387,682 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$12,000,000,000 Hardisty AB Prebid
$3,200,000,000 Province of Alberta AB Prebid
$120,000,000 Tsawwassen BC Negotiated
- Vandals cause nearly $250,000 in water damage
- Construction cut back in latest B.C. budget update
- Alberta and Manitoba led the pack for labour productivity
- Feds infrastructure commitment re-affirmed
- Infrastructure impacted by climate change
- West End Residential rises
- Changing procurement impacts felt
- Aurora LNG files export bid
- New Brunswick premier touts pipeline jobs
- Construct Canada celebrates silver anniversary
- Celsius Construction
- Seventy-five years later, OGCA guided by same core principles
- Unexpected find delayed Montreal bus terminal
- Construction begins on 1.5-kilometre western portion of Mississauga transitway
- Aging bridges perfect candidates for aluminum: AAC
- Electric vehicle charging stations available at some GO stations
- Workers return to World Cup stadium after deadly accident
- OCOT consultation comes to a halt over possible bias
- Federal government promises to speed up construction of new Montreal bridge
- Liberals, NDP warn PC right to work bill would kill jobs and lower wages for all