LATEST NEWS Skills Training
January 21, 2013
The Chinook Light Rapid Transit Station in Calgary, Alberta will be closed for about eight months of construction, which will include the removal of the existing station building and replacement of the CTrain platform.
The City of Calgary said that the new Chinook Station will have at-grade access to the platform, a new sloped walkway, a glass canopy over the platform, heated shelters at the bus terminal and on the platform, as well as an extended platform that will accommodate four-car CTrains.
During this closure the CTrain will continue to run on the line through this location but the train will not stop and customers will not be able to board or disembark at the Chinook Station.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 309 projects with a total value of $9,233,720,297 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$1,600,000,000 Wood Buffalo AB Prebid
$190,000,000 Edmonton AB Prebid
$125,000,000 Central Okanagan RD BC CANCELLED/ DEFERRED
- Vandals cause nearly $250,000 in water damage
- Construction cut back in latest B.C. budget update
- Alberta and Manitoba led the pack for labour productivity
- Feds infrastructure commitment re-affirmed
- Infrastructure impacted by climate change
- West End Residential rises
- Changing procurement impacts felt
- Aurora LNG files export bid
- New Brunswick premier touts pipeline jobs
- Concrete awards recognize Ontario’s best
- New changes will strengthen the culture
- Highway projects completed for 2013
- Lack of established areas driving up home prices
- Auto association pushes for dedicated funding
- New airport construction breaks ground
- U.S. manufacturing sector rising at a quick pace
- Oil projects help to lower deficit