January 16, 2013
Journal of Commerce Update for the week of January 21st, 2013
In this week's update, we look at some of the stories we'll be covering in the Journal of Commerce for the week of January 21st, 2013.
TransCanada has been selected to build a $5 billion pipeline spanning from northeastern B.C. to Prince Rupert. Process Energy selected TransCanada to design, build and operate the proposed gas transmission project, which is scheduled for completion by the end of 2015.
Check out our profile of B.C.’s top wood projects, which were honoured at the 2012 North American Wood Design Awards, and take a look at Kelly Lapointe’s article on the impact of employment insurance reform on the construction industry.
Columnist Paul Emanuelli has an article about how not all math errors are fatal to bid validity.
Make sure to check out this week’s feature video, which showcases the career of Keith Sashaw, the outgoing president of the Vancouver Regional Construction Association.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 368 projects with a total value of $7,826,276,357 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Monday.
$4,200,000,000 Hardisty AB Prebid
$200,000,000 Vancouver BC Negotiated
$127,000,000 Coquitlam BC Negotiated
- VIDEO: Construction on the Panama Canal expansion
- Concerns raised about P3 approach for Saskatchewan schools
- Manitoba focuses on infrastructure spending in budget
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of March 10th, 2014
- Team work and prep are keys to success: Hadfield
- Panama Canal expansion digs deep
- Wood Design Awards
- Outgoing chair reflects on time at the helm of the CCA
- School board asks for traditional procurement
- Site Services in Vancouver
- Looking to improve contract awards
- Environmental verdict riles Taseko
- Prentice to mediate First Nations agreements
- CAWIC funded to create action plan to attract women
- More video surveillance used on construction sites
- Modular workforce housing meets Alberta Building Code standard
- Manitoba outlines infrastructure plan
- BC Hydro posts RFQ for Site C project
- A Closer Look VIDEO: Construction on the Panama Canal Expansion
- CCA96th: Unlocking Canada's Potential
- Break ground beyond Canada, says new CCA chair
- Construction of Haiti’s Ecole Lakay drives forward
- The power of proper project management
- Panama Construction Fact for Today
- Federal government unveils $32.5 million in funding for Quebec ice oval
- Canadian job market “sputters” in February
- Construction and machinery to see increased investment, says StatsCan
- Line 3 pipeline plans for Enbridge