February 6, 2013
Work is underway on the massive Telus Gardens development in downtown Vancouver, B.C.
The project includes a condo tower that will reach 58 storeys above grade and eight below, as well as a 24 storey office tower with retail space at grade.
The residential tower is seeking LEED Gold certification and office tower is seeking LEED Platinum. Westbank Projects Corp. is the construction manager and the developer.
Henriquez Partners Architects did the design.
Contractors on the office tower include Ocean Construction Supplies Ltd., LMS Group (reinforcing steel), Star Masonry Ltd., Lisi Mechanical Contractor Ltd. and Canem Systems Ltd. (electrical).
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 299 projects with a total value of $6,054,395,373 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$1,400,000,000 Greater Vancouver RD BC Negotiated
$127,000,000 Coquitlam BC Negotiated
$100,000,000 Division No 16 AB Prebid
- New Westminster Development
- Natural gas generating facilities planned
- Refinery costs jump by $2.8 billion
- Employers must be aware of liability at holiday office parties
- New charges needed for infrastructure
- Skills Training at BCIT
- Auditor generals weigh in on value of P3s
- Low lead requirements kicking in next year
- Mental heath and workplace psychology must be addressed
- Edmonton International Airport mall takes shape
- University of Winnipeg building an apartment complex
- Toronto firms tops for Winnipeg hut designs
- Toronto architect releases music album
- Road pricing an effective congestion fighter, say experts
- What does “Local Knowledge” really mean in Ontario AFPs?
- United States construction employers add 17,000 jobs in November but growth is uneven, finds AGC
- Toronto housing starts dip: CMHC
- Active unions needed, says Segal
- Saint John Harbour Bridge project wraps up