February 20, 2013
New schools in Surrey, B.C.
Construction could start as early as next year on a new a school in Surrey, B.C.
It will be built in the Clayton North area of the community.
The site for the new school was purchased in early February for about $16.7 million.
The ministry and district will work together to determine the scope of this project, including the total budget, as well as possible programs and services.
The Surrey school district is one of the few districts in the province where student enrolment is expected to grow in the future. The new Clayton North facility, once constructed, will accommodate students in grades 8-12. Construction of the new school could start as early as next year, with possible completion in September 2016.
In addition, the government and district have invested $35.9 million for three additional sites for future schools in Surrey.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 457 projects with a total value of $2,805,994,117 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Monday.
$1,000,000,000 Fort McKay 174 AB Prebid
$100,000,000 Greater Vancouver RD BC Prebid
$100,000,000 Wood Buffalo AB Prebid
- ERCB investigates Zama City, Alta pipeline spill
- Crystal Clear
- Regina looking to annex adjacent land
- Pipeline oil spill highlighted during twinning debate
- Consulting engineers gathering in Lake Louise, Alberta
- Biased specs grounds for RFP redraft
- Incoming chair looks to the future
- Foreign worker court case led to reforms
- Shell Canada gets approvals for pipelines and gas well
- B.C. building permits rise, but Alberta declines
- Electronic migration
- Unauthorized water system shut down in Alberta
- Ontario’s best steel designs recognized
- ACEC conference to focus on economic solutions
- Improper bypass of low bidder found
- CISC awards honours individual achievements
- Quebec construction workers on strike after failed negotiations
- Newfoundland and Labrador set to lead the way in economic growth
- Construction industry to increase hiring in 2013, according to outlook
- OCOT review panel proposing a ratio reduction for plumbers and steamfitters
- Man fined in construction site death of 12 year old Nova Scotia boy
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)