February 20, 2013
New schools in Surrey, B.C.
Construction could start as early as next year on a new a school in Surrey, B.C.
It will be built in the Clayton North area of the community.
The site for the new school was purchased in early February for about $16.7 million.
The ministry and district will work together to determine the scope of this project, including the total budget, as well as possible programs and services.
The Surrey school district is one of the few districts in the province where student enrolment is expected to grow in the future. The new Clayton North facility, once constructed, will accommodate students in grades 8-12. Construction of the new school could start as early as next year, with possible completion in September 2016.
In addition, the government and district have invested $35.9 million for three additional sites for future schools in Surrey.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 321 projects with a total value of $20,605,386,875 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$174,000,000 Lethbridge AB Prebid
$100,000,000 Victoria BC Prebid
$79,000,000 Richmond BC Negotiated
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 9th, 2013
- Building the One
- New design-build contracts released
- Sales tax transition has been a mixed bag for industry
- Taseko files for judicial review of gold mine assessment
- Contract uncertainty and price escalation
- Edmonton college expansion moves ahead
- Council of Construction Associations names Dave Baspaly as new president
- $100 million added to Calgary's capital budget
- Massive investment will complete Kitimat smelter project
- Manitoba invests $45 million
- Corruption charge in probe of SNC-Lavalin
- NTCCC takes to Parliament Hill tomorrow
- Emerald Park Progress
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- Is there energy gold to be mined in sewage processing?
- Ottawa LRT tunnel boring machines named
- Better transportation key to quality of life, states CivicAction
- Three World Cup stadiums behind schedule
- Ontario introduces legislation to help protect vulnerable workers
- Istanbul’s Grand Bazaar inspires design of new strip mall currently being built in Las Vegas