March 18, 2013
PCL Constructors Westcoast Inc. selected for Burns Lake project
PCL Constructors Westcoast Inc. has been selected as the preferred proponent to finalize a design-build agreement with Northern Health to deliver the new Lakes District Hospital and Health Centre in Burns Lake, B.C.
CEI Architecture will act as a design partner on the project.
The new hospital and health centre will house 16 beds, provide acute-care and emergency services, diagnostic imaging, a laboratory and pharmacy.
The new building will be built to Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Gold certification standards and optimize the use of wood consistent with the Wood First Act.
The total value of the replacement hospital is estimated to be up to $55 million.
Funding will be cost-shared by the Province and the Stuart Nechako Regional Hospital District.
The replacement hospital is scheduled to be completed by fall 2015.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 443 projects with a total value of $1,866,277,015 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$120,000,000 Langley, Dist Mun BC CANCELLED/ DEFERRED
$60,000,000 Vancouver BC Prebid
$50,000,000 Langley, Dist Mun BC Prebid
- Construction Site Arson
- Historic church renovation reaches new heights
- Hiring of foreign workers for hospital project outrages union
- Acetylene torch explosion causes significant damage
- Festival of Architecture hits Halifax
- Winnipeg Southwest Transitway wins award
- Vendor performance is key measurement
- NDP leader spoke to police about corruption
- Big contract down under for ATCO Structures
- RFQ issued for Kamloops hospital project
- VIDEO: Economic Update May 21, 2013
- Future tradespeople put to the test
- Ontario raiding season closes with a thud
- Bird flags challenges in Canadian construction
- Ontario commits to Hwy. 427 expansion
- GO Transit to build new maintenance facility in East Gwillimbury
- Ancient First Nations site damaged during work by BC Hydro
- Federal NDP leader speaks to police 'to help' with Quebec corruption probe
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)