April 3, 2013
Awards of Distinction
ATCO STRUCTURES AND LOGISTICS
Calgary-based ATCO Structures and Logistics won two first place awards and three honourable mentions at the Modular Building Institute (MBI) 2013 Awards of Distinction.
The MEG Energy Pirate Cove Lodge workforce housing facility (right) received both first place in the permanent modular commercial housing category and was the overall highest scoring entry.
It is built near the shoreline of Christina Lake in Alberta and features open web wood trusses and glulam cross beams, and is equipped with a pre-engineered gymnasium.
Tecno Fast ATCO, a joint venture between ATCO Structures & Logistics and Tecno Fast, was awarded best in show for its office in Santiago, Chile, in the renovated reuse category.
There were honourable mentions for ATCO’s new offices in Calgary, an office complex near Kirby Lake, Alt. and an ATCO 3D marketing animation.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 376 projects with a total value of $1,488,736,331 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Monday.
$180,000,000 Salmon Arm BC Prebid
$20,000,000 Calgary AB Prebid
$20,000,000 Wood Buffalo AB Prebid
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Truss Lift
- B.C. government reverses sweet gas deregulation
- CCA looking to engage Aboriginal communities with new taskforce
- Pembina Pipelines building regional headquarters in Alberta
- Biomaterials growing on construction
- Manitoba town is a design showcase
- Saskatchewan wind project moves forward
- Suncor worker death investigated
- Olympic builders return to the job
- VIDEO: Debate still strong as OCOT turns one
- P3s gaining acceptance according to survey
- Office Job
- Wilson Station Stop
- MCAC and CIPH take Parliament Hill
- Construction progresses on Eglinton Crosstown LRT
- RFP issued for Highway 407 East
- Ontario announces May 1 budget date
- Arup to design wellhead platform concrete gravity structure for White Rose Extension Project