April 3, 2013
Awards of Distinction
ATCO STRUCTURES AND LOGISTICS
Calgary-based ATCO Structures and Logistics won two first place awards and three honourable mentions at the Modular Building Institute (MBI) 2013 Awards of Distinction.
The MEG Energy Pirate Cove Lodge workforce housing facility (right) received both first place in the permanent modular commercial housing category and was the overall highest scoring entry.
It is built near the shoreline of Christina Lake in Alberta and features open web wood trusses and glulam cross beams, and is equipped with a pre-engineered gymnasium.
Tecno Fast ATCO, a joint venture between ATCO Structures & Logistics and Tecno Fast, was awarded best in show for its office in Santiago, Chile, in the renovated reuse category.
There were honourable mentions for ATCO’s new offices in Calgary, an office complex near Kirby Lake, Alt. and an ATCO 3D marketing animation.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 527 projects with a total value of $1,552,331,732 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$53,000,000 Calgary AB Negotiated
$50,000,000 Abbotsford BC Negotiated
$47,500,000 Richmond BC Negotiated
- VIDEO: Canadian Construction Association conference Panama preview
- Concerns raised about P3 approach for Saskatchewan schools
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of March 10th, 2014
- Wood Design Awards
- Outgoing chair reflects on time at the helm of the CCA
- School board asks for traditional procurement
- Site Services in Vancouver
- Looking to improve contract awards
- Environmental verdict riles Taseko
- Prentice to mediate First Nations agreements
- CAWIC funded to create action plan to attract women
- More video surveillance used on construction sites
- Modular workforce housing meets Alberta Building Code standard
- Manitoba outlines infrastructure plan
- BC Hydro posts RFQ for Site C project
- CCA96th: Unlocking Canada's Potential
- VIDEO: LiUNA Local 183 Training Centre introduces new programs
- Wins delivered on infrastructure front: Rizzardo
- Behind the Velodrome’s Veil
- Ontario’s prompt payment bill needs work but supported
- Southwest L-evation
- Post-bid clarifications make feds liable for bid repair
- Panama Construction Fact for Today
- Ritchie Bros. hold first Canadian auction of 2014
- Skilled labour needs changing in Saskatchewan
- Quebec’s construction momentum ebbs after 15 years of expansion