LATEST NEWS Roadbuilding
September 16, 2013
Section of Highway 40 reopens
A 22-kilometre-stretch of Highway 40 west of Calgary between the Peter Lougheed Park winter gates (Highway 68) and Lost Lemon Lookout re-opened on Sept. 4.
June flooding scraped the roadway and tore across embankments, plugging culverts and ditches.
Highway 40 had been closed from Highway 1 to Highway 541 but sections up to the Peter Lougheed Provincial Park winter gates (Highway 68) opened as repairs were completed earlier in the summer.
There is still significant work needed on 33 kilometres of road.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 299 projects with a total value of $6,054,395,373 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$1,400,000,000 Greater Vancouver RD BC Negotiated
$127,000,000 Coquitlam BC Negotiated
$100,000,000 Division No 16 AB Prebid
- Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 16th, 2013
- New Westminster Development
- Natural gas generating facilities planned
- Refinery costs jump by $2.8 billion
- Employers must be aware of liability at holiday office parties
- New charges needed for infrastructure
- Skills Training at BCIT
- Auditor generals weigh in on value of P3s
- Low lead requirements kicking in next year
- Mental heath and workplace psychology must be addressed
- Edmonton International Airport mall takes shape
- University of Winnipeg building an apartment complex
- VIDEO: Construct Canada 2013 CEO Power Breakfast
- LEED Platinum should be for top-tier projects: panel
- Lakeview HLPS Project
- Contractors need to carefully plan for projects, recommends lawyer panel
- Montreal rail junction realignment completed in tight window
- Toronto housing not cooling off, says BMO
- OCOT review panel objections still open until tomorrow
- Canadian hiring expected to remain stable: survey