September 30, 2013
Victoria Bridge Replacement
Work continues on the replacement of the 79-year-old Craigflower Bridge, which crosses the Gorge Waterway and links the Greater Victoria communities of Saanich and View Royal. The contractor for the $15.9-million project is Victoria'ss Don Mann Excavating.
Herold Engineering and Hughes Condon Marler Architects designed the four-span, steel arch structure that will feature three lanes with a sidewalk and bike lane on each side.
A $300,000 bonus was built into the contract if the bridge was finished by Dec. 1 but delays in receiving the steel have set the project back by about four months. Completion date is May 16, 2014.
On average, each day, about 18,000 vehicles, including 1,500 trucks, used the bridge before its closure in April.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 309 projects with a total value of $9,233,720,297 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$1,600,000,000 Wood Buffalo AB Prebid
$190,000,000 Edmonton AB Prebid
$125,000,000 Central Okanagan RD BC CANCELLED/ DEFERRED
- Vandals cause nearly $250,000 in water damage
- Construction cut back in latest B.C. budget update
- Alberta and Manitoba led the pack for labour productivity
- Feds infrastructure commitment re-affirmed
- Infrastructure impacted by climate change
- West End Residential rises
- Changing procurement impacts felt
- Aurora LNG files export bid
- New Brunswick premier touts pipeline jobs
- Concrete awards recognize Ontario’s best
- New changes will strengthen the culture
- Highway projects completed for 2013
- Lack of established areas driving up home prices
- Auto association pushes for dedicated funding
- New airport construction breaks ground
- U.S. manufacturing sector rising at a quick pace
- Oil projects help to lower deficit