October 9, 2013
Journal of Commerce Update for the week of October 14th, 2013
In this week's update, we look at some of the stories we'll be covering in the Journal of Commerce for the week of October 14th, 2013.
Three levels of government in Saskatchewan are holding a summit to address economic growth. The regional planning summit, scheduled for November 4th and 5th, will have “the economic case for regional cooperation” as its theme.
Staff writer Richard Gilbert has a story about engineering consultants hired by the government of Alberta to create a feasibility study on flood risk reduction, and also has a story about construction pushing the Canadian GDP up slightly in July.
Werner Hofstatter has a column about increased interest in tall wood buildings, and make sure to check out the special feature on the VRCA awards of excellence out on October 16th. Also, make sure to check out this week’s feature video with an interview with business consultant Don Cooper from the recent Canadian Institute of Steel Construction conference in Whistler, B.C.
All this and more is available in print and online at www.journalofcommerce.com.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 321 projects with a total value of $20,605,386,875 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$174,000,000 Lethbridge AB Prebid
$100,000,000 Victoria BC Prebid
$79,000,000 Richmond BC Negotiated
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 9th, 2013
- Building the One
- New design-build contracts released
- Sales tax transition has been a mixed bag for industry
- Taseko files for judicial review of gold mine assessment
- Contract uncertainty and price escalation
- Edmonton college expansion moves ahead
- Council of Construction Associations names Dave Baspaly as new president
- $100 million added to Calgary's capital budget
- Massive investment will complete Kitimat smelter project
- Manitoba invests $45 million
- Corruption charge in probe of SNC-Lavalin
- NTCCC takes to Parliament Hill tomorrow
- Emerald Park Progress
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- Is there energy gold to be mined in sewage processing?
- Ottawa LRT tunnel boring machines named
- Better transportation key to quality of life, states CivicAction
- Three World Cup stadiums behind schedule
- Ontario introduces legislation to help protect vulnerable workers
- Istanbul’s Grand Bazaar inspires design of new strip mall currently being built in Las Vegas