October 23, 2013
Journal of Commerce Update for the week of October 28th, 2013
In this week's update, we look at some of the stories we'll be covering in the Journal of Commerce for the week of October 28th, 2013.
The Canadian wood industry is interested in joining a national forum of building material associations. Michael Giroux, president of the Canadian Wood Council, made that statement after the Converge 2013 forum, held recently in Vancouver, caused some friction bewtween the wood, steel and cement industries.
Staff writer Richard Gilbert has a story about the BC Flagger Association, which is making a formal complaint to the RCMP after a person was killed slamming into a construction truck in Langley. The association says the construction company had not taken proper safety precautions.
Correspondent Jim Stirling has a story about the Village of Telkwa on British Columbia, which has invested in a bioenergy plant, and Korky Koroluk has a column about alternative energy storage challenges.
Make sure to check out our energy feature, out on October 28th, and also watch our feature video with Phillipe Fonta of the Cement Sustainability Association.
All this and more is available in print and online at www.journalofcommerce.com
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 321 projects with a total value of $20,605,386,875 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$174,000,000 Lethbridge AB Prebid
$100,000,000 Victoria BC Prebid
$79,000,000 Richmond BC Negotiated
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 9th, 2013
- Building the One
- New design-build contracts released
- Sales tax transition has been a mixed bag for industry
- Taseko files for judicial review of gold mine assessment
- Contract uncertainty and price escalation
- Edmonton college expansion moves ahead
- Council of Construction Associations names Dave Baspaly as new president
- $100 million added to Calgary's capital budget
- Massive investment will complete Kitimat smelter project
- Manitoba invests $45 million
- Corruption charge in probe of SNC-Lavalin
- NTCCC takes to Parliament Hill tomorrow
- Emerald Park Progress
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- Is there energy gold to be mined in sewage processing?
- Ottawa LRT tunnel boring machines named
- Better transportation key to quality of life, states CivicAction
- Three World Cup stadiums behind schedule
- Ontario introduces legislation to help protect vulnerable workers
- Istanbul’s Grand Bazaar inspires design of new strip mall currently being built in Las Vegas