October 30, 2013
Innovative projects win real estate awards
Several projects have won Real Estate Foundation of BC 2013 Land Awards, given out at a gala held in Vancouver on October 25th.
The Altira Women’s Resource Society won a Non-Profit Sector award for their recycled shipping container project for Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside, noted as an environmentally sensitive method to address affordable housing needs while cutting construction time and costs.
The Net Positive Housing Project – Lanefab Design/Build won in the Private Sector category for both the first laneway house developed in Vancouver and the first solar-powered laneway house.
The winner in the Public Sector category was Solar Colwood from the City of Colwood. The project includes home energy retrofits, electric vehicle charging stations, and public education programs.
JOC NEWS SERVICE
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 309 projects with a total value of $9,233,720,297 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$1,600,000,000 Wood Buffalo AB Prebid
$190,000,000 Edmonton AB Prebid
$125,000,000 Central Okanagan RD BC CANCELLED/ DEFERRED
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 9th, 2013
- Vandals cause nearly $250,000 in water damage
- Construction cut back in latest B.C. budget update
- Alberta and Manitoba led the pack for labour productivity
- Feds infrastructure commitment re-affirmed
- Infrastructure impacted by climate change
- West End Residential rises
- Changing procurement impacts felt
- Aurora LNG files export bid
- New Brunswick premier touts pipeline jobs
- Concrete awards recognize Ontario’s best
- New changes will strengthen the culture
- Highway projects completed for 2013
- Lack of established areas driving up home prices
- Auto association pushes for dedicated funding
- New airport construction breaks ground
- U.S. manufacturing sector rising at a quick pace
- Oil projects help to lower deficit