LATEST NEWS Trade Contracting
January 8, 2014
Little Mountain Taking Shape
Urban One Builders is the general contractor for the first phase of the Little Mountain redevelopment in Vancouver, B.C.
The project, across from Queen Elizabeth Park, includes a five-storey, 53-unit affordable housing building for seniors and families.
Gair H Williamson Architect did the design. Holborn Group Ltd. is the owner and the City of Vancouver is the developer. Consultants include MCW Consultants Ltd. (mechanical and electrical), John Bryson & Partners (structural) and BR Thorson Consulting Ltd. (code).
The second phase of the project includes more affordable rental units.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 415 projects with a total value of $3,354,507,550 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$1,000,000,000 Greater Vancouver RD BC CANCELLED/ DEFERRED
$300,000,000 Greater Vancouver RD BC Prebid
$120,000,000 Burnaby BC CANCELLED/ DEFERRED
- Fort McMurray airport terminal getting ready for take off
- B.C. government forms liquefied natural gas working group
- Kitimat residents vote against Northern Gateway pipeline
- Precast concrete enables net-zero homes
- Learning to dig safely can save lives
- Ex construction boss admits to collusion in government contracts
- P3 Fund launches
- Supreme court won't hear case involving construction mogul
- Minister spurns spat over plant
- Youth get hands-on at Future Building expo
- Taskgroup to work on engaging Aboriginal communities
- World Cup stadium strike comes to an end
- Former Quebec construction boss admits collusion involvement
- Manufacturing labour shortage to get a boost from government
- LEED-approved projects are booming in 2014
- Large wave of project enter Holcim Awards competition
- Former finance minister Jim Flaherty has died
- Siemens Canada awarded first wind turbine order in Saskatchewan