January 8, 2014
VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of January 13th, 2014
In this week's update, we look at some of the stories we'll be covering in the Journal of Commerce for the week of January 13th, 2014.
Imperial Oil is looking to build a $7 billion oilsands facility near Fort McMurray. The energy giant has filed an application with the Alberta Energy Regulator to develop Aspen, a steam-assisted gravity drainage project to the south of its existing Kearl project.
Richard Gilbert has a story about optimism in the open shop contractor community going into 2014. Several contractors also pointed to growth and labour shorting driving up wages as an upcoming challenge for the industry.
We also have a story about base jumpers parachuting from a 35-storey condominium in Edmonton, Alberta.
Daily Commercial News staff writer Kelly Lapointe looks at industry reaction to the introduction of the Building Canada Plan, and Stephen Bauld has a column about dealing with damages.
This week’s feature video covers the annual Bentall memorial, which marked the workplace death of four construction workers in 1981.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 381 projects with a total value of $3,359,995,864 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Monday.
$1,093,000,000 Comox-Strathcona RD BC Negotiated
$95,000,000 Abbotsford BC Negotiated
$50,000,000 Kelowna BC Prebid
- Journal of Commerce to launch new website
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of 21st, 2014
- Apprentices square off at B.C. boilermaker competition
- Report urges WorkSafeBC to overhaul the way it investigates
- Vancouver Island landmark undergoing major renovations
- Creation of a free trade zone within Canada being explored
- RFP process brings heavy demands
- False Creek's New Beginning
- European apprenticeships examined
- Kenney sees harmonized training progress
- Nunavut deep sea port seen as important to Arctic
- $700 million raised for GTA cricket stadium
- Hamilton’s Gore Park makeover underway
- Chazy Glass Work
- What is key in contractor and supplier relations?
- New Brunswick to invest in Loyalist House
- Greco Aluminum Railings secures railing system work in New Jersey
- Nova Scotia issues tender to replace earthen dyke
- Bouygues Energies & Services acquires Plan Group