January 20, 2014
Preferred proponent selected for B.C. hospital
Affinity Partnerships has been selected as the preferred proponent for the BC Children's and Women's Hospitals redevelopment project in Vancouver.
The consortium includes Balfour Beatty Investments, with Zimmer Gunsul Frasca Architects (ZGF) LLP and CEI Architecture handling design.
Construction will be handled by Balfour Beatty Construction and the Ledcor Group, and services by Balfour Beatty Communities and Black and McDonald Limited
The next stage in the competitive selection process is for the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) to negotiate with Affinity Partnerships to settle the final terms of the contract, which is expected to conclude in a performance-based contract by the spring of 2014.
Construction of the Acute Care Centre is anticipated to get underway by the winter of 2014/15 and will be designed to a LEED Gold standard.
The total cost of the redevelopment project is estimated at $680 million.
JOC NEWS SERVICE
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 500 projects with a total value of $2,096,783,397 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$125,000,000 Edmonton AB Tenders
$50,000,000 New Westminster BC Negotiated
$50,000,000 Calgary AB Negotiated
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Truss Lift
- B.C. government reverses sweet gas deregulation
- CCA looking to engage Aboriginal communities with new taskforce
- Pembina Pipelines building regional headquarters in Alberta
- Biomaterials growing on construction
- Manitoba town is a design showcase
- Saskatchewan wind project moves forward
- Suncor worker death investigated
- Olympic builders return to the job
- VIDEO: Debate still strong as OCOT turns one
- P3s gaining acceptance according to survey
- Office Job
- Wilson Station Stop
- MCAC and CIPH take Parliament Hill
- Construction progresses on Eglinton Crosstown LRT
- RFP issued for Highway 407 East
- Ontario announces May 1 budget date
- Arup to design wellhead platform concrete gravity structure for White Rose Extension Project