January 15, 2014
Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of January 20th, 2013
In this week's preview, we look at some of the stories we'll be covering in the Journal of Commerce for the week of January 20th, 2014.
Staff writer Richard Gilbert has a story about a recent Economic Outlook meeting held by the BC chapter of the Association of Consulting Engineering Companies. ACEC BC president Keith Sashaw said the engineering community is optimistic about upcoming construction activity in BC in 2014.
Richard also has a story about Valard Construction being selected to install transmission lines for the Christina Lake Area Development Project in northern Alberta. The project is expected to be complete by early 2015.
DCN staff writer Kelly LaPointe gives us the details on the BTY Group’s market intelligence report for the fourth quarter of 2013, which found that Canada is a model of stability for construction projects.
Stephen Bauld has a column about government procurement, and this week’s feature video is an interview with economist Helmut Pastrick about his forecasts for the BC economy and construction industry.
All this and more is available in print and online at www.journalofcommerce.com
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 368 projects with a total value of $7,826,276,357 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Monday.
$4,200,000,000 Hardisty AB Prebid
$200,000,000 Vancouver BC Negotiated
$127,000,000 Coquitlam BC Negotiated
- Concerns raised about P3 approach for Saskatchewan schools
- Manitoba focuses on infrastructure spending in budget
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of March 10th, 2014
- Team work and prep are keys to success: Hadfield
- Panama Canal expansion digs deep
- Wood Design Awards
- Outgoing chair reflects on time at the helm of the CCA
- School board asks for traditional procurement
- Site Services in Vancouver
- Looking to improve contract awards
- Environmental verdict riles Taseko
- Prentice to mediate First Nations agreements
- CAWIC funded to create action plan to attract women
- More video surveillance used on construction sites
- Modular workforce housing meets Alberta Building Code standard
- Manitoba outlines infrastructure plan
- BC Hydro posts RFQ for Site C project
- CCA96th: Unlocking Canada's Potential
- VIDEO: LiUNA Local 183 Training Centre introduces new programs
- Break ground beyond Canada, says new CCA chair
- Construction of Haiti’s Ecole Lakay drives forward
- The power of proper project management
- Panama Construction Fact for Today
- Federal government unveils $32.5 million in funding for Quebec ice oval
- Canadian job market “sputters” in February
- Construction and machinery to see increased investment, says StatsCan
- Line 3 pipeline plans for Enbridge