January 22, 2014
Saskatchewan building permits hit new record
The value of building permits issued by the City of Saskatoon reached a new record of about $1.1 billion in 2013.
“The housing and construction industry remains extremely strong which is excellent news for Saskatoon,” said Bob Baran, building standards director with the city.
The actual value of building permits in Saskatoon was $1,088,500,000, which translates to 5,020 permits issued.
Residential construction, which includes new builds and improvements, accounted for about 57 per cent ($619.5 million) of the total value.
This sector also made up about 82 percent (4,092) of all building permits issued.
However, 12 building permits that were issued had a construction value of more than $10 million, compared to only five permits in 2012.
There were 116 permits that had a value of construction between $1 million and $10 million.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 415 projects with a total value of $3,354,507,550 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$1,000,000,000 Greater Vancouver RD BC CANCELLED/ DEFERRED
$300,000,000 Greater Vancouver RD BC Prebid
$120,000,000 Burnaby BC CANCELLED/ DEFERRED
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Fort McMurray airport terminal getting ready for take off
- B.C. government forms liquefied natural gas working group
- Kitimat residents vote against Northern Gateway pipeline
- Precast concrete enables net-zero homes
- Learning to dig safely can save lives
- Ex construction boss admits to collusion in government contracts
- P3 Fund launches
- Supreme court won't hear case involving construction mogul
- Minister spurns spat over plant
- Upset waters over new Ontario diving regulations
- Covering up the Celsius
- Frontier Oilsands Mine joint review panel raises concerns among some First Nations
- Doors open on latest PPP Canada funding
- U.S. builders’ confidence rises but is limited by tight credit and shortages of labour and lots
- Keystone XL opponents carve message
- RFP released to shortlisted teams for Milton hospital expansion