January 27, 2014
Skid-steer loader fatality under investigation
Alberta Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) officers are investigating a workplace fatality in which a woman was killed near Rocky Mountain House, Alberta, after being run over by a skid-steer loader.
“A 52-year-old female worker was standing near a skid-steer loader that was being used to transport a pair of one-hundred pound air tanks,” said Brookes Merritt, spokesperson for Alberta OH&S.
“The skid-steer operator reversed the machine and drove over the female worker. The worker sustained fatal head injuries.”
The incident happened on Jan. 20 at a location near Rocky Mountain House.
The worker’s employer is Newcart Contracting.
Alberta OH&S officers are investigating the incident and a stop work order has been placed on the skid-steer loader, which is a Bobcat S250.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 481 projects with a total value of $2,274,238,471 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$100,000,000 Division No 16 AB Prebid
$100,000,000 Victoria BC Prebid
$53,000,000 Surrey BC Prebid
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Fort McMurray airport terminal getting ready for take off
- B.C. government forms liquefied natural gas working group
- Kitimat residents vote against Northern Gateway pipeline
- Precast concrete enables net-zero homes
- Learning to dig safely can save lives
- Ex construction boss admits to collusion in government contracts
- P3 Fund launches
- Supreme court won't hear case involving construction mogul
- Minister spurns spat over plant
- Upset waters over new Ontario diving regulations
- Covering up the Celsius
- Frontier Oilsands Mine joint review panel raises concerns among some First Nations
- The rise of biomaterials in construction
- Doors open on latest PPP Canada funding
- U.S. builders’ confidence rises but is limited by tight credit and shortages of labour and lots
- Keystone XL opponents carve message
- RFP released to shortlisted teams for Milton hospital expansion