LATEST NEWS O H & S
January 29, 2014
Alberta roof collapses
There's been another roof collapse at a large public facility in Alberta.
The roof over the curling rink at the Omniplex recreational centre in Drayton Valley, Alta., came down on the afternoon of Jan. 24.
There were no injuries, but people in the building were evacuated as a precaution. Drayton Valley Mayor Glenn McLean said they’re looking into whether other parts of the roof at the complex are in danger of caving in.
It’s not clear yet what caused the collapse but there has been a lot of snow this winter and there have been several other similar incidents around the province this month.
Earlier this week, the roof caved in at the arena in Sylvan Lake, sending one worker scrambling to safety, while earlier this month a tradeshow and agricultural facility at Westerner Park in Red Deer also collapsed.
News from © Canadian Press Enterprises Inc., 2014
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 500 projects with a total value of $2,096,783,397 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$125,000,000 Edmonton AB Tenders
$50,000,000 New Westminster BC Negotiated
$50,000,000 Calgary AB Negotiated
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Truss Lift
- B.C. government reverses sweet gas deregulation
- CCA looking to engage Aboriginal communities with new taskforce
- Pembina Pipelines building regional headquarters in Alberta
- Biomaterials growing on construction
- Manitoba town is a design showcase
- Saskatchewan wind project moves forward
- Suncor worker death investigated
- Olympic builders return to the job
- VIDEO: Debate still strong as OCOT turns one
- P3s gaining acceptance according to survey
- Office Job
- Wilson Station Stop
- MCAC and CIPH take Parliament Hill
- Construction progresses on Eglinton Crosstown LRT
- RFP issued for Highway 407 East
- Ontario announces May 1 budget date
- Arup to design wellhead platform concrete gravity structure for White Rose Extension Project