LATEST NEWS Roadbuilding
February 3, 2014
Billion Dollar Development in the Okanagan
New Monaco, a billion-dollar mixed-use development is being proposed for Peachland, B.C. in the Central Okanagan.
It would be located on 125 acres between highways 97C and 97 and includes the construction of a community with about 2,500 residential units over a 20-year buildout.
The project received an Official Community Plan amendment and Area Structure Plan approval in 2011.
The rezoning application for the first phase has been filed. DIALOG is the architect and Colliers International is the project manager.
Consultants include HB Lanarc Consultants Ltd., CTQ Consultants Ltd. and Opus International Consultants. Construction could start in 2015.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 481 projects with a total value of $2,274,238,471 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$100,000,000 Division No 16 AB Prebid
$100,000,000 Victoria BC Prebid
$53,000,000 Surrey BC Prebid
- Photo Gallery: 2014 ACEC BC Awards of Excellence winners
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Fort McMurray airport terminal getting ready for take off
- B.C. government forms liquefied natural gas working group
- Kitimat residents vote against Northern Gateway pipeline
- Precast concrete enables net-zero homes
- Learning to dig safely can save lives
- Ex construction boss admits to collusion in government contracts
- P3 Fund launches
- Supreme court won't hear case involving construction mogul
- Minister spurns spat over plant
- VIDEO: Debate still strong as OCOT turns one
- Upset waters over new Ontario diving regulations
- Covering up the Celsius
- Frontier Oilsands Mine joint review panel raises concerns among some First Nations
- The rise of biomaterials in construction
- Doors open on latest PPP Canada funding
- U.S. builders’ confidence rises but is limited by tight credit and shortages of labour and lots
- Keystone XL opponents carve message
- RFP released to shortlisted teams for Milton hospital expansion