LATEST NEWS Engineering
February 5, 2014
Luxury mall planned for Vancouver International Airport
Early site work is underway for a new luxury designer outlet centre, on 30 acres of land near the Vancouver International Airport.
The first phase, made up of 11 two-storey structures in an open-air village setting will cover 22,500 square metres of retail space, with 12,500 square metres added for phase two of the project.
Strabag Inc. is the general contractor for the project, and design is by Stantec Architecture Ltd. Stantec Consulting Ltd. are the consulting engineers.
The mall is expected to open by spring 2015.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 368 projects with a total value of $7,826,276,357 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Monday.
$4,200,000,000 Hardisty AB Prebid
$200,000,000 Vancouver BC Negotiated
$127,000,000 Coquitlam BC Negotiated
- Concerns raised about P3 approach for Saskatchewan schools
- Manitoba focuses on infrastructure spending in budget
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of March 10th, 2014
- Team work and prep are keys to success: Hadfield
- Panama Canal expansion digs deep
- Wood Design Awards
- Outgoing chair reflects on time at the helm of the CCA
- School board asks for traditional procurement
- Site Services in Vancouver
- Looking to improve contract awards
- Environmental verdict riles Taseko
- Prentice to mediate First Nations agreements
- CAWIC funded to create action plan to attract women
- More video surveillance used on construction sites
- Modular workforce housing meets Alberta Building Code standard
- Manitoba outlines infrastructure plan
- BC Hydro posts RFQ for Site C project
- CCA96th: Unlocking Canada's Potential
- VIDEO: LiUNA Local 183 Training Centre introduces new programs
- Break ground beyond Canada, says new CCA chair
- Construction of Haiti’s Ecole Lakay drives forward
- The power of proper project management
- Panama Construction Fact for Today
- Federal government unveils $32.5 million in funding for Quebec ice oval
- Canadian job market “sputters” in February
- Construction and machinery to see increased investment, says StatsCan
- Line 3 pipeline plans for Enbridge