LATEST NEWS Engineering
February 5, 2014
Luxury mall planned for Vancouver International Airport
Early site work is underway for a new luxury designer outlet centre, on 30 acres of land near the Vancouver International Airport.
The first phase, made up of 11 two-storey structures in an open-air village setting will cover 22,500 square metres of retail space, with 12,500 square metres added for phase two of the project.
Strabag Inc. is the general contractor for the project, and design is by Stantec Architecture Ltd. Stantec Consulting Ltd. are the consulting engineers.
The mall is expected to open by spring 2015.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 500 projects with a total value of $2,096,783,397 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$125,000,000 Edmonton AB Tenders
$50,000,000 New Westminster BC Negotiated
$50,000,000 Calgary AB Negotiated
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Truss Lift
- B.C. government reverses sweet gas deregulation
- CCA looking to engage Aboriginal communities with new taskforce
- Pembina Pipelines building regional headquarters in Alberta
- Biomaterials growing on construction
- Manitoba town is a design showcase
- Saskatchewan wind project moves forward
- Suncor worker death investigated
- Olympic builders return to the job
- VIDEO: Debate still strong as OCOT turns one
- P3s gaining acceptance according to survey
- Office Job
- Wilson Station Stop
- MCAC and CIPH take Parliament Hill
- Construction progresses on Eglinton Crosstown LRT
- RFP issued for Highway 407 East
- Ontario announces May 1 budget date
- Arup to design wellhead platform concrete gravity structure for White Rose Extension Project