February 12, 2014
VIDEO: Andreas Wolf of Ledcor at BizCon 2014 / IOSC 8
Andreas Wolf, the director of Operations at Ledcor, was one of the panelists for "navigating the industry for users and owners" at Bizcon 2014 and IOSC 8 on Feb. 12 in Maui, Hawaii.
Wolf discussed the importance of safety for the construction industry, as well as pressing issues on both sides of the border such as labour shortages and diversity.
Wolf also explained the value of conferences such as BizCon 2014 and IOSC for companies like Ledcor, and stressed the importance of a company’s people in comparison to any other facet of the construction industry.
Note: Wolf refers to Theo Nix in the video, a fellow panelist. Nix raised the issue of diversity in construction as not just a moral imperative for the industry, but an economic one as well. For the full panel blog, click here.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 368 projects with a total value of $7,826,276,357 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Monday.
$4,200,000,000 Hardisty AB Prebid
$200,000,000 Vancouver BC Negotiated
$127,000,000 Coquitlam BC Negotiated
- Concerns raised about P3 approach for Saskatchewan schools
- Manitoba focuses on infrastructure spending in budget
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of March 10th, 2014
- Team work and prep are keys to success: Hadfield
- Panama Canal expansion digs deep
- Wood Design Awards
- Outgoing chair reflects on time at the helm of the CCA
- School board asks for traditional procurement
- Site Services in Vancouver
- Looking to improve contract awards
- Environmental verdict riles Taseko
- Prentice to mediate First Nations agreements
- CAWIC funded to create action plan to attract women
- More video surveillance used on construction sites
- Modular workforce housing meets Alberta Building Code standard
- Manitoba outlines infrastructure plan
- BC Hydro posts RFQ for Site C project
- CCA96th: Unlocking Canada's Potential
- VIDEO: LiUNA Local 183 Training Centre introduces new programs
- Break ground beyond Canada, says new CCA chair
- Construction of Haiti’s Ecole Lakay drives forward
- The power of proper project management
- Panama Construction Fact for Today
- Federal government unveils $32.5 million in funding for Quebec ice oval
- Canadian job market “sputters” in February
- Construction and machinery to see increased investment, says StatsCan
- Line 3 pipeline plans for Enbridge