February 19, 2014
Vancouver Residential Construction
Ventana Construction is building the 52-unit Prelude at the edge of Oakridge in Vancouver, B.C. The project is a prelude to the densification that is taking place on the Cambie corridor, around Oakridge and the Canada Line station.
Ventana is serving as the general contractor.
Others involved in the project are GBL Architects Inc., Eckford Tyacke and Associates (landscaping), Bogdonov Pao Associates (structural engineers), Geopacific Consulting (geotechnical), Cobalt Engineering(electrical and mechanical) and Aqua-Coast Engineering Ltd. (building envelope).
The site is being developed by Cedar Development Corporation.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 371 projects with a total value of $1,936,826,394 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Thursday.
$122,700,000 High Prairie AB Tenders
$66,000,000 Columbia-Shuswap RD BC Negotiated
$34,400,000 Airdrie AB Prebid
- Photo Gallery: 2014 ACEC BC Awards of Excellence winners
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Making Metro
- Crumbling roads a key election issue
- Early stages of concrete pump operator certification being developed in B.C.
- Legal battle over temporary foreign workers heats up
- Dive tower pushes formwork forward
- Understanding municipal strategy
- Calgary firm fined $35,000 for workplace injury
- B.C. labour minister calls for WorkSafeBC reforms
- B.C. prison proceeding
- Debate swirls over OCOT’s merit on its anniversary
- WaterGarden Worker
- Ontario to invest in cycling infrastructure
- U.S. construction labour concerns
- Compulsory certification in carpentry a “job killer”, says Kenney
- CaGBC to provide free LEED registration and certification for commercial projects in disaster-hit cities
- Economic cost of weather catastrophes is under appreciated: report
- Scotiabank sees slow growth in housing