LATEST NEWS Skills Training
February 24, 2014
Trade show floor at Buildex Vancouver
Buildex Vancouver is celebrating its 25th anniversary this year. The annual trade show and conference is taking place at the Vancouver Convention Centre on Feb. 19-20.
More than 13,000 visitors are expected to attend this year. John Karlovich with Malco Products Inc. demonstrates his company’s cutting shears on a piece of corrugated roofing material on the trade show floor.
More than 50 education seminars are also on tap. Keep reading the Journal of Commerce or visit www.journalofcommerce.com for event coverage that includes stories, blogs and photographs.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 371 projects with a total value of $1,936,826,394 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Thursday.
$122,700,000 High Prairie AB Tenders
$66,000,000 Columbia-Shuswap RD BC Negotiated
$34,400,000 Airdrie AB Prebid
- Photo Gallery: 2014 ACEC BC Awards of Excellence winners
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Making Metro
- Crumbling roads a key election issue
- Early stages of concrete pump operator certification being developed in B.C.
- Legal battle over temporary foreign workers heats up
- Dive tower pushes formwork forward
- Understanding municipal strategy
- Calgary firm fined $35,000 for workplace injury
- B.C. labour minister calls for WorkSafeBC reforms
- B.C. prison proceeding
- Debate swirls over OCOT’s merit on its anniversary
- WaterGarden Worker
- Ontario to invest in cycling infrastructure
- U.S. construction labour concerns
- Compulsory certification in carpentry a “job killer”, says Kenney
- CaGBC to provide free LEED registration and certification for commercial projects in disaster-hit cities
- Economic cost of weather catastrophes is under appreciated: report
- Scotiabank sees slow growth in housing