April 16, 2014
Photo Gallery: 2014 ACEC BC Awards of Excellence winners
The Association of Consulting Engineering Companies British Columbia announced the winners of the 25th annual Awards of Engineering Excellence at a gala ceremony held April 12 at the Vancouver Convention Centre.
Awards were given in the categories of buildings, municipal, transportation, natural resource, energy and industry, and soft engineering, with each category giving out an award of merit and one of excellence.
Fast + Epp won the award of excellence in the buildings category for the Jasper Place Library projects in Edmonton, Alta.
Stantec Consulting Ltd., Bush, Bohlman & Partners and AES Applied Engineering Solutions won the award of merit in the buildings category for the TRIUMF Advanced Rare Isotope Laboratory on the University of British Columbia campus.
Tetra Tech won the award of excellence in the municipal and civil infrastructure category for their Mosquito Creek Debris Flow Net in North Vancouver.
The award of merit went to the Coquitlam UV Disinfection Project - Water Treatment Facilities project, which was worked on by Ausenco Engineering Canada Inc.
Buckland and Taylor won the merit award in the transportation and bridges category for Milton-Madison Bridge Replacement Project in the United States.
Fast + Epp also won an award of merit in the transportation and bridges category for the Bow River Pedestrian Bridge and Utility Crossing in Banff, Alta.
The Ruskin Dam - Right Abutment Seepage Control Upgrade, handled by Golder Construction Inc., took the award of excellence in the energy and industry category
The award of merit in the energy and industry category went to Associated Energy for the Inuvik LNG for Community Electricity - Power for the People project in Inuvik, NWT.
In the natural resource and habitat category, the award of excellence went to Associated Engineering for the John Matthews Ravine Restoration Project in Burnaby, BC
exp services inc. got the award of merit in the natural resource and habitat category for the Surrey Bend Habitat Enhancement Project in Surrey Bend Regional Park in BC.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 381 projects with a total value of $3,359,995,864 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Monday.
$1,093,000,000 Comox-Strathcona RD BC Negotiated
$95,000,000 Abbotsford BC Negotiated
$50,000,000 Kelowna BC Prebid
- Journal of Commerce to launch new website
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of 21st, 2014
- Apprentices square off at B.C. boilermaker competition
- Report urges WorkSafeBC to overhaul the way it investigates
- Vancouver Island landmark undergoing major renovations
- Creation of a free trade zone within Canada being explored
- RFP process brings heavy demands
- False Creek's New Beginning
- European apprenticeships examined
- Kenney sees harmonized training progress
- Nunavut deep sea port seen as important to Arctic
- $700 million raised for GTA cricket stadium
- Hamilton’s Gore Park makeover underway
- Chazy Glass Work
- What is key in contractor and supplier relations?
- New Brunswick to invest in Loyalist House
- Greco Aluminum Railings secures railing system work in New Jersey
- Nova Scotia issues tender to replace earthen dyke
- Bouygues Energies & Services acquires Plan Group