Visit O H & S at Daily Commercial News
Occupational Health and Safety
November 27, 2013
My previous columns have described the origins of the workers compensation system and the substantial growth in benefits and costs.
November 25, 2013
The Manitoba government intends to crack down on drivers speeding through construction zones.
November 25, 2013
The Alberta government is moving forward with the construction of a new facility in Medicine Hat that will provide local treatment and care for people with mental health and addiction problems.
November 20, 2013
The police in Victoria launched a one-day safety blitz to enforce traffic regulations in a construction work zone after receiving several complaints from local flaggers.
November 13, 2013
The Electrical Safety Foundation International (ESFI) Canada held a national safety summit that brought together industry leaders, experts and stakeholders to discuss ways of reducing the risk of workplace exposure to electricity.
October 30, 2013
The issue today is not energy conservation in building design and construction, but how to ensure that the interior environment created is not one that is unhealthy and will lead to illnesses, said a conference speaker attending the 2013 ASHRAE conference held in Vancouver, B.C.
October 23, 2013
A structural engineer from Washington State is providing architects in B.C. with a unique opportunity to learn about post-disaster safety procedures and to develop the skills to assess damaged buildings for occupancy following a major disaster.
September 30, 2013
Alberta Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) is investigating two separate incidents involving concrete work at residential sites, in which an Edmonton women was killed and a man is in stable condition at a Calgary hospital.
September 23, 2013
The B.C .Safety Authority (BCSA) is calling for nominations for the Lieutenant Governor Safety Awards 2013.
September 11, 2013
The City of Calgary is investigating safety issues at a highrise construction site in downtown Calgary, after building materials fell more than 30 floors to the ground.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 321 projects with a total value of $20,605,386,875 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$174,000,000 Lethbridge AB Prebid
$100,000,000 Victoria BC Prebid
$79,000,000 Richmond BC Negotiated
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 9th, 2013
- Building the One
- New design-build contracts released
- Sales tax transition has been a mixed bag for industry
- Taseko files for judicial review of gold mine assessment
- Contract uncertainty and price escalation
- Edmonton college expansion moves ahead
- Council of Construction Associations names Dave Baspaly as new president
- $100 million added to Calgary's capital budget
- Massive investment will complete Kitimat smelter project
- Manitoba invests $45 million
- Corruption charge in probe of SNC-Lavalin
- NTCCC takes to Parliament Hill tomorrow
- Emerald Park Progress
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- Is there energy gold to be mined in sewage processing?
- Ottawa LRT tunnel boring machines named
- Better transportation key to quality of life, states CivicAction
- Three World Cup stadiums behind schedule
- Ontario introduces legislation to help protect vulnerable workers
- Istanbul’s Grand Bazaar inspires design of new strip mall currently being built in Las Vegas