Visit O H & S at Daily Commercial News
Occupational Health and Safety
February 19, 2014
New challenges and opportunities were the focus of a recent gathering of construction leaders from Canada and the U.S.
February 19, 2014
We are nearing a crossroads in health and safety as we know it.
February 19, 2014
Canada Post's decision to replace home delivery with community mailboxes runs counter to advances in socially responsible design.
February 5, 2014
The Mental Health Commission of Canada (MHCC) has announced plans to partner with more than 25 employers on a three-year research project aimed at driving uptake of the world's first National Standard for Psychological Health and Safety in the Workplace.
February 3, 2014
An Edmonton company has been fined $275,000 in Alberta provincial court for violating the occupational health and safety code, after a worker sustained fatal crush injuries at a local construction site in November 2010.
January 22, 2014
Roadbuilding and maintenance excellence was recently recognized at the 11th annual Deputy Minister's Contractor of the Year Awards in Victoria.
January 13, 2014
Alberta Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) is investigating the death of a young man, who was killed late last year while repairing a tire on a piece of heavy equipment near Fort McMurray.
January 8, 2014
The escalating skirmish between Canada's concrete industry and advocates for midrise wood structures could be doused by strengthened sprinkler regulations proposed for the 2015 National Building Code of Canada (NBCC).
January 6, 2014
A construction union is launching a legal challenge in the Supreme Court of British Columbia to revoke a coal mine exploration permit issued by the provincial government to a Chinese-owned company for a project near Tumbler Ridge.
December 11, 2013
Legislative changes are keeping pace with changing attitudes towards safety in the B.C. construction industry, according to one expert.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 527 projects with a total value of $1,552,331,732 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$53,000,000 Calgary AB Negotiated
$50,000,000 Abbotsford BC Negotiated
$47,500,000 Richmond BC Negotiated
- VIDEO: Canadian Construction Association conference Panama preview
- Concerns raised about P3 approach for Saskatchewan schools
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of March 10th, 2014
- Wood Design Awards
- Lone bidder prepares P3 proposal for Alberta schools
- Outgoing chair reflects on time at the helm of the CCA
- School board asks for traditional procurement
- Site Services in Vancouver
- Looking to improve contract awards
- Environmental verdict riles Taseko
- Prentice to mediate First Nations agreements
- CAWIC funded to create action plan to attract women
- More video surveillance used on construction sites
- Modular workforce housing meets Alberta Building Code standard
- Manitoba outlines infrastructure plan
- BC Hydro posts RFQ for Site C project
- CCA96th: Unlocking Canada's Potential
- VIDEO: LiUNA Local 183 Training Centre introduces new programs
- Wins delivered on infrastructure front: Rizzardo
- Behind the Velodrome’s Veil
- Ontario’s prompt payment bill needs work but supported
- Southwest L-evation
- Post-bid clarifications make feds liable for bid repair
- Panama Construction Fact for Today
- Ritchie Bros. hold first Canadian auction of 2014
- Skilled labour needs changing in Saskatchewan
- Quebec’s construction momentum ebbs after 15 years of expansion